TIMELY & ACCURATE COVID-19 DIAGNOSIS IS CRITICAL TO AVOID SPREAD OF THE VIRUS
“Understandably, people might think that when we get back to normal, it’s a light switch that you turn on or off. We must be in a place that we have the capability when we do start to see cases come back — and I guarantee that they will come back as we pull back on social distancing — that we can identify them, isolate them, contact trace people they have been in touch with, and get people out of circulation who are infected. If we are capable of doing that effectively, then we should feel some good confidence that we could slowly move on. This is a very critical time right now.”
Dr. Anthony Fauci
Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
The Truth About COVID-19
- It’s just another version of the flu
- If I’m young, then I don’t have to worry
- Any test results can be trusted
- You have to be exposed for 5 minutes to get infected
- Antibiotics can kill the virus
- 29 million people have been infected worldwide
- 925,000 people have died from COVID-19
- Reliable testing can help stop the spread of the virus
- A vaccine will not be available until late 2021
Dr. Lisa Maragakis from The Johns Hopkins Health System explains COVID-19.
What happens to your body when you get COVID-19?
How is COVID-19 spread and how do you protect yourself against it?
How do we flatten the COVID-19 curve?